Monday, July 16, 2012

The new opening theme song


Well because of comic con we got some new footage of the Nick TMNT. It is great to actually see some of the animation in context instead of just trailers. So I’m going to post each video and what I think of each. First up is the new opening theme song.



The first thing that has to be said is that the hip hop vibe is a little different. I mean I get that this is intended for a younger generation and all, but this seems to be a little to “we’re hip and cool” vibe. Don’t get me wrong I like it. I think it is fun and a great reimagining of the original cartoon theme. In fact it seems to have the same kind of structure.

Part of me thinks that with how much OT influence this has in it they should have stayed closer to the OT theme song too though. I mean think about it, it is one of the few theme songs people still know today. It has a timeless nostalgia behind it. I think it could have handled it self today with the new generation and gotten some parents to stop and take a look too.

The animation in it is amazing. I’m really digging that they went pupiless in it. I really like it. Now the big question is will the show have times where they don’t have pupils?

We get our first look at Fish Face and Dogpound too. It is a quick glance, but it is cool to see. Dogpound looks a lot bigger then I thought he would be. It’s going to be great to actually see these two in action. I’m down with new mutants and am glad they didn’t go straight Bebop and Rocksteady. I hope that this doesn’t mean we wont see the later two however.

So that is some of my thoughts on this. It’s good, it is enjoyable, and it is a lot of fun. It fits style wise with what the show seems to be trying to do. It gives us a first glance at some of the characters animated and they look great. Here is to waiting for the 29th of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment